- ART 1302-DESIGN I-ALL from Varsity Bookstore (book is included) ~$104
- Plus circle template, tracing paper, extra sharpies and clips ~$20
- Combo lock if you want to use 2nd floor locker
[embeddoc url=”http://design1.kathykelley.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/ART-1302-DESIGN-I-ALL.docx” height=”250px” download=”all”]
- First chapter in book in kit! Quick read and very useful.
- Safety Awareness Training
- Art Safety Training
- Take Safety Awareness Training (link)
- Attempt Art Safety Training — take notes (link)
- Sign safety contract and return to KK
Thirty Thumbnail Sketches (study 1) — REMINDER: working with your body takes longer than expected
Communicate groups and/or motion by using PROXIMITY, CONTINUANCE, or SIMILARITY/DIFFERENCe. For each concept, word, create 10 possible thumbnail (small) solutions, totaling 30.
– White smooth bristol paper
– Black sharpie
– Circle template
– Create each solution within a square format on the smooth bristol paper using pencil and then filling in with sharpie.
– Cut each solution out (fold up a piece of paper to build a pocket to store thumbnails in or use baggy
– With pencil lightly put initials and concept on back of each thumbnail.
– 3 to 6 solid dots per solution
– no cropping
– work within a square format
– cut out each square composition thumbnail
– label on back
– set out on desk by noon Tuesday
- Safety contract signed
- Kit, circle template and sharpies
- Cut out 30 thumbnail solutions
IN CLASS STUFF FROM THURSDAY 1/21
[embeddoc url=”http://design1.kathykelley.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/syllabus-design.pdf” height=”250px” download=”all”]
kathy’s agenda and schizophrenic lecture guide
[embeddoc url=”http://design1.kathykelley.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/day-one-design-lecture-and-agenda.docx” height=”250px” download=”all”]