[p1] dots project
- 3 BW 5×5 compositions mounted + thumbnails
- habit + concept crit write up)
[p2] squared blitz
- 4 BW 5×5 comps – 1 for each word
- 40 thumbnails – to for each word
All of the above will be turned in for a grade.
- Read handout – squared blitz
- Choose two word sets:
- congested – clear
- light – heavy
- relaxed – anxious
- playful – orderly
- Draw 10 thumbnails per each word (thus totaling 40 thumbnails)
- explore form interaction and CROPPING of the edge of the page
- push beyond your solution habits
- no curved lines.
- Choose one thumbnail composition for each word. Choose the one that is an interesting solution AND communicates the concept of the word
- Place the paired two together to see if they work well as a set. Alternate between other thumbnails till the set feels visually pleasing to you.
- Render each of your final four (2 concept pairs) thumbnails full size
- 5×5 inch on white bristol smooth paper (from kit)
- use black sharpie or cut black paper to form squares